Inspiration – with Evan Beyer
“I want to see the world and get a well-rounded view of what’s happening… You can read the news, watch the news all day, but you’re going to get a biased opinion.”~ Evan Beyer, 12’23”
Discover Evan’s desire to break free from the confines of his hometown and venture into different cultures, with Italy as his potential next destination, as he seeks to expand his perspective and embrace new challenges.
“The way that I feed my creativity is actually out of curiosity… It’s like how does a doorknob work? Well, take it apart!”~ Evan Beyer, 1’54”
Evan Beyer shares his transformative journey from a rebellious teenager to a passionate movement coach. He discusses how his insatiable curiosity drives his creative pursuits, from woodworking to metalworking, and how he challenges societal stereotypes with his unconventional appearance. Evan reflects on his bold decision to leave his hometown and pursue coaching in Boston, where he found fulfillment and a deep love for teaching movement. He also expresses his aspiration to explore different cultures, particularly Italy, as he continues to seek personal and professional growth.
“Living your whole life in one town is like looking at the cover of a book. You don’t know what’s in the pages until you travel.”~ Evan Beyer, a bit of wisdom heard in his childhood, 12’23”
- Curiosity and Creativity: Evan emphasizes the importance of nurturing curiosity and allowing it to drive creative pursuits. By exploring new things and constantly seeking to understand how they work, individuals can unlock their creative potential and find inspiration in unexpected places.
- The Power of Perception: Evan discusses how people often misjudge him based on his appearance, emphasizing the need to look beyond stereotypes and preconceived notions. It serves as a reminder to not judge others solely based on their outward appearance, as it may not reflect their true nature or intentions.
- The Fulfillment of Coaching: Evan shares his personal journey in coaching and highlights the deep satisfaction that comes from imparting knowledge and helping others. Coaching is more than just physical training; it requires a unique set of skills and the ability to convey information effectively.
- Embracing New Cultures: Evan expresses a desire to explore different cultures and gain a broader perspective of the world. His aspiration to live and work in different countries reflects the value of immersing oneself in diverse environments, embracing new experiences, and challenging personal boundaries.
- The Importance of Community: Throughout the conversation, Evan acknowledges the influence and inspiration he derives from the parkour community and the support of his mentors and friends. He emphasizes the significance of fostering connections with like-minded individuals who share similar passions and can contribute to personal growth and development.
— Why does Movers Mindset exist?
The purpose of Movers Mindset is to create and share great conversations with movement enthusiasts. Each conversation feeds my insatiable curiosity, but I share them to turn on a light for someone else, to inspire them, or to give them their next question.
In the podcast, I talk with movement enthusiasts to learn who they are, what they do, and why they do it. I’m interested in the nature and philosophy of movement and in exploring themes like independence, self-direction, and human excellence. My interests color each conversation and provide some structure to Movers Mindset. But since I like to take the scenic route, every conversation ends up going somewhere unique.
I really appreciate your time and attention, and I don’t take it for granted.
— I need your support
I want to share more of these amazing conversations, with amazing people, but I’m limited by the cost of the project. Please support what I’m doing. Every dollar really makes a difference.
Since 2017, I’ve spent countless hours and dollars keeping Movers Mindset going. Everything has remained free and ad-free and alive thanks to patronage from listeners like you. I have no staff, no assistant… it’s just one maniac with a mic and a keyboard. If this labor of love makes your life more livable in any way, please consider aiding said maniac’s sustenance…
— Thank you!
My personal mission is creating better conversations to spread understanding and compassion. And Movers Mindset is one of the things I do in service of my mission. Drop by constantine.name for my weekly email, my other podcasts, writing and more.
The Movers Mindset project grew from conversations I started having as part of my personal journey rediscovering movement. The project started late in 2015, and it was initially simply a web site that shared others’ writing. The project grew, and in 2017 I started the podcast. I’ve worked extremely hard, but none of this would have been possible without so much help from so many people.